Bayou Chapter of the Ozark Society
Conservation | Education | Recreation
Established in 1975, the Ozark Society Foundation supports and promotes conservation, education and recreation activity in the Ozark-Ouachita region and surrounding lowlands. Governed by a volunteer board, the Foundation is a major publisher of high-quality conservation and nature-related books about the Ozark-Ouachita mountains region, with all proceeds supporting the public policy and education mission of the Ozark Society. Since 1967, more than two dozen publications on the natural environment and conservation issues have been produced by the Ozark Society and the Ozark Society Foundation, including canoe and hiker guidebooks, natural and cultural histories, and field guides.
The Bayou Chapter's base of operations is in the Shreveport/Bossier area and we are proud to to have a very active chapter. You never know what kinds of events we will have! Hikes, Paddles, Camping, Classes, & Conservation are just some of the activities we are involved in. Come join us and grow the outdoor community in Northwest Louisiana with us!
We are excited that you have decided to come check out what we are doing and hope that you choose to be a part of our community! To gain access to comment on the Blog or join in the discussions in the forum you will need to make an account. How do I do that you ask? We have written instructions for both Desktop and Mobile use!
- Sat, Jun 10Caddo Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- Sat, Jun 17River Rats - Arkadelphia, AR
- Tue, Jun 20Red River South Marina
- Sat, Jun 24Caney Lake Recreational Area - Minden
- Sat, Jul 08SEE EVENT DETAILS
- Sun, Jul 09Location is TBD
- Thu, Jul 13SEE EVENT DETAILS
- Tue, Jul 18Red River Refuge - Bossier
- Sat, Jul 29SEE EVENT DETAILS
- Sun, Aug 06Cypress Black Bayou Park - Benton, LA
- Sat, Aug 12Remmel Dam - Hot Spring County, AR
- Tue, Aug 15Red River Refuge Bossier City
- Tue, Sep 19Red River Refuge Bossier City
- Sat, Sep 23Bodcau Wildlife Management Area